Monday, August 07, 2006

And Then There Was One

Well, for one week anyway.

Buzz and I just took Woody to the airport. He is flying up to Portland to visit with my aunt and uncle for one week. This a tradition that started when my daughter was younger. Back then, we used to have a "ladies only" family get together at my aunt's beach house. The boys were allowed because they were little and didn't have to much testoserone pumping through them yet. Or at least not enough to complain about our female oriented activities. The annual event was called the "E (estrogen) Weekend" After the "e weekend" my daughter would stay an extra week with my aunt and get completely spoiled. Now it's Woody's turn. I talked to her last night and she said the first thing they were going to do was go to the grocery store and pick out all his favorite foods. After that, she said, they were going to go to Nike Town. This is all before he unpacks his suitcase! (((sigh))) He'll never want to come home!

The airport was a zoo, but we got him off okay. As we said goodbye, he told me not to cry. When did he start taking care of me? He looked so grown up getting on that plane all by himself. It sure will be quiet without him.

So, Buzz? What do you want to do this week while your brother is gone?

Buzz: Can we go to Denny's?

Denny's?

Buzz: I really want pancakes. Can we go?


So, it will be quiet.... but with pancakes!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Smart kid I love pancakes too.

Crazy MomCat said...

Well, as long as there are PANCAKES...it can't be that bad, right? Right? wink

Cristina said...

Aww. That's so cute that he said he wants pancakes. Pancakes are good comfort food.

Pollyanna said...

Pancakes. CUTE. My kids need a cool aunt like you have! that sounds awesome. What a blessing! How old is Buzz again?

Jen said...

Skip Denny's and head to IHOP!!! YUM...IHOP!! (I dont have any near me but whenever we go out of town on a trip or whatever I beg my hubby to take me to one!)

The Great Sparlini said...

Too Darn Cute! I can't even think about that kind of thing yet for my kiddos. I tremble at the thought of having them out of mommy grip for more than a half a day or so. You are a grown up mommy! Hooray!

Bonnie B said...

Denny's pancakes-- I loved them as a kid.
What a sweet thing to say. I bet you were all smiles.