Friday, April 30, 2010

Sharks Win Game 1!

Okay, so I've been absent for the last few days... but I have a good reason. However, first things first. Sharks win... Versus Detroit... In a game 1... In Round 2... Breathe, breathe, count to 10, in-out-in-out.

Win #5, 11 to go.


Win Tally:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16


They looked amazing. I thought (feared) they might come out sluggish, thinking or taking for granted that Detroit would be tired after their game 7 only two days before. But they came out of the gate strong and held on to win. I learned some things last night.

1. Sharks are resilient and have what it takes

2. Detroit is scary good. Fall behind by 3 goals? No problem. They are Detroit. Nothing is insurmountable. They eat championships for breakfast.

3. Sharks will have to be sharp, focused and completely on top of their game to win 4 of the 7 games in this series.

4. This will not be easy.... for me. I am in for a long and stressful series.

So, here is to hoping. Here is to cheering. Here is to being the last team standing at the end of this long and exhilarating journey.

Go Shaaaaarks!

No comments: