2. It's raining. I have the heaviest period in the history of periods. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm not much fun. This should count as like 6 blurbs.
3. I'm taking Buzz to a "multi-cultural" fashion show at his school tonight. One of his friends is going to be in it so he is really excited to go. And there is a spaghetti dinner to follow... that might have something to do with it.
4. Drama is getting close to her due date. She hits the 30 weeks mark this week.
5. My old high school basketball team is getting inducted into the school's "Sports Hall of Fame." There is a dinner and everything. When I heard the news from my friend and former teammate we both had the same thought: "Even us? (the scrubs)" Yes, she said. Even us! Whoohoo.
6. The latest in the soccer team drama is that we are very close to kicking out the current manager. Unfortunately the league requires at least one adult (coach or manager) to hold a coaching license. This is what the current team manager brings to the team. A piece of paper. Our trainer holds a license in the UK, which doesn't transfer to anything significant over here. We have someone lined up who is licensed and willing to take over the team in name only. As soon as he is added on, "dillhole" (as we fondly refer to him) will be gone.
7. Management issues aren't all we have had to deal with. It seems we have another coach attempting to poach two of our players. Oh and did I mention one of our team's old coach and manager was involved? Yeah, he called this other coach and encouraged him to contact the two families... It goes on and on. These kids are 10 and 11 for crying out loud. These
8. The autopsy report on my neighbor's daughter who died unexpectedly last week said she died of alcohol poisoning. No foul play, just sadly irresponsible behaviour. The girl had a lot of friends... and her son. Her little 16-month old son will be living with her parents and is now my newest neighbor. I just wish it was under happier circumstances.
9. Focus: I wish my kids would focus on their school work half as much as our dog focuses on someone with a sandwich. I just wish I could somehow bottle that patience and determination.
10. Woody is sick. He has a sore throat and runny nose. He is tired. He is cranky. He is not much fun at all. This sounds familiar.
11. It is still raining (((sigh))).