Wednesday, October 26, 2011
22 Things I Have Done - Writer's Workshop
This week's Prompt: 1) Write about 22 things that you HAVE done.
I didn't choose last weeks prompt of 22 things I haven't done... because at my age that is kind of depressing. So this week I went all POSITIVE and made a list of 22 things I have done. I kind of impressed myself... but then again it just shows my age. Oh well... enjoy!
I am, gulp, 40-ish and I have:
1. Experienced the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat..
2. Been a step-parent and a step-grandparent.
3. Been to the top of the Empire State Building and seen a Broadway play.
4. Driven from Guadalajara, Mexico to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico... and back (with small kids).
5. Been at the bedside of a loved one when they took their last breath.
6. Body surfed in two different parts of the Pacific ocean.
7. Been to a Superbowl.
8. Been to a World Series.
9. Been to a World Cup Soccer match.
10. Been to a Stanley Cup Playoff Game.
11. Taught 2 people how to drive.
12. Laid both of my grandparents to rest at the National Cemetery of the Pacific at Punch Bowl in Hawaii.
13. Had a broken bone.
14. Water skied in Lake Havasu, Arizona.
15. Experienced the Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989.
16. Saved someone's life.
17. Nursed someone after surgery.
18. Cried when someone broke my son's heart.
19. Ran in the Bay to Breakers (SF, CA)
20. Participated in, and finished, a mini triathalon.
21. Seen U2 in concert.
22. Had my dog kidnapped.