Thursday, February 17, 2011

Book Review - Catching Fire


Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins

In the second book of the "Hunger Games" series Katniss finds herself back in the game as the Capitol seemingly manipulates her participation as part of the "75th" anniversary of the games. As I've said before (in my review of The Hunger Games) Science Fiction is not my genre of choice, however, this book, and this series, has captivated my imagination and I can't seem to stop reading. The only thing I don't regret about finding these books sooner is that I don't know if I could have been patient enough to wait for the next book(s) to be published. At least this way, I can read all three in succession and without delay. Suzanne Collins has made me a fan and I plan to check out some of her other novels. As soon as I read "Mockingjay," the third book in the series, that is. Not since Stieg Larsson's "Girl with..." series have I been this enthralled with a story. Do yourself a huge favor and get your hands on these books. You won't regret it for a minute! Enjoy!
~Peace and Good Reads

No comments: