Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dear DVR

Dear DVR -

I just wanted to thank your for making each day worth looking forward to. I am so down right now with what is going on and it is a nice distraction to know that I can come home everyday and you will provide me with a full menu of options with which I can lose myself in for an hour or two.

Even though you can be temperamental at times and not want to record more than two things at once, I forgive you for your technological shortcomings. I know there are other, more advanced, digital recording devices available out there on the market but you and I both know I am much to lazy and set in my ways to bother researching prices and ultimately upgrading you for something better. Nope, it is you and me until the bitter end. Or until you stop working, because I am loyal like that.

I know I never really express my true gratitude or appreciation for all you do but please know that you have taken my television watching to a whole new level. Commercials are less annoying because you and I can fast forward right through them. If I miss something while watching live tv? You and I can rewind back to the spot and never have to miss something important again.

With you I have freedom! I don't have to be sitting in my living room at a certain time to catch a certain show, football game or hockey game. I can be out doing stuff! Fun stuff, regular stuff, it doesn't matter because I can be out doing it and when I come home you will have saved something for me. I can't believe I ever watched regular television before. You have been an amazing miracle in my life and I will treasure you always.

Love always,

Babaloo