2. I have learned that "vape," the act of smoking an e-cigarette, is Oxford Dictionary's "new" word of the year. You can read more about Oxford's proud moment here.
3. I have learned (unverified, but I like to think that it is true) that some Canadian police departments give out "positive" tickets for doing something good.
4. I have learned that in 1895 there were only two cars in the whole state of Ohio and that, in what was most likely the first recorded instance of "road rage" in history, those two cars crashed into each other.
5. I have learned that Doritos could actually be made without the orange powder residue and taste exactly
|The Doritos Experience - Ha!|
6. I have learned that scientists can grow bacon from stem cells. What? Oscar Meyer, et al. need to get on that ASAP to avoid this impending "bacon shortage" I keep hearing about.
7. I have learned that my son has a wonderful opportunity to give back and say thanks to the family of the tissue donor who gave him an achilles tendon that was used to repair the ligaments in his knee (ACL). Jacob will be writing them a letter today and hopefully I can share some of it before we send it to the program that will then pass it on to the donor family.
Happy Hump Day!