Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday Blurbs

1. Well, I hate to make premature proclamations, but I am losing confidence by the day in my Niners. I'm still faithful and I will root for them until the end, but right now I am not feeling it. They seem out of sync, not at all where they were last year or the year before. It is frustrating because going in to the season everything seemed perfect. All those weapons on offense. The hope that Bowman would return soon, the promise of Alson Smith returning... It seemed like they shouldn't lose, not even by a close margin. Instead, they are struggling on offense with no continuity on the offensive line, which is causing all those weapons to not being able to get their hands on the ball to show what they can do. So irritating. The defense has struggled with injuries, Willis is now out for the rest of the season, Bowman doesn't look close to returning and his knee might not be strong enough. Still, they are holding their own and keeping us in games. I'm just not sure how long they can keep it up without offensive support. The jury is still out on Aldon. I believe he will be back this week. He'll probably be limited, but hopefully he can make an impact. *Sigh*

2. Aside from that, I have begun my promise to myself to put some separation between myself and my sports. For my own health and peace of mind. I can't let sports determine my mental and emotional state. The sports radio is off in the car and the music is back on. I am focused more on work and getting things done around the house. Well, sort of. I'm still working on that. For work, we have a big project that I'm trying to get done by the end of tomorrow, so that is getting my full attention right now.

3. Jacob started physical therapy this week. It is going to take a while, his knee doesn't look anything like his healthy knee. He has responded well and even did his exercises yesterday. He has his second session later today.

4. The fall weather and the shortened daylight has arrived. My worst time of year. I hate to be negative, but I"m not sure what is going to happen to me if I didn't have a successful spring and summer (health and exercise wise). This funk has brought me into my heaviest weight of all time. I have no one to blame but myself. Ugh, I'm not going there... I am not going to feel sorry for myself. That get's me nowhere. Next.

5. Julie Sue is coming! My cousin is coming to stay with us on Thanksgiving. She has to be in Tracy early Friday morning for work and asked if she could come join us for Thanksgiving. It will be nice to spend time with her even if is just for a day.

6. Ok, so that project I mentioned is beckoning... so I'll end it here until next time...

~Babaloo

No comments: