Friday, April 14, 2006

Mommy's a Hotty?

This lovely note is from my youngest son, Buzz. When I first saw it I thought it said "Your Hoty" And I thought, "wow my son thinks I'm a hotty!" Then I started thinking, "um, how does he know that word? and um, should he be thinking of his mother as a hotty? Should he, at the age of 7, be thinking of anyone as a hotty?" But, then almost as quickly my parental moral questioning superceded my inflated ego, I realized my son didn't think I was a hotty at all. He was telling me that I am 40 (40TY, not HOTY). Much to my chagrin, because I am not 40 for 3 more months! But, this is the little game that he plays with me. He has been telling me that I was 40 since I turned 39. Sigh. Well, I guess I am only a "hotty" in my own mind (the way it should be) and besides, 40 is the new 30 right? Happy Friday!

1 comment:

The Great Sparlini said...

Hi again. I saw you left a comment at my blog after I left one at yours. I am really enjoying your blog, and you are much better at updating than I am. I will continue to be a reader! I love this entry! It is way too cute!