Saturday, December 19, 2009

Waiting for his letter

LOL!

We just bought "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" on DVD. I know it has been a while since I've bought a new dvd, but it cost $27! Ouch, that hurt. I could have rented if for $1.09 at Redbox. However, we own the others in the series, knew we would eventually own it and all really wanted to watch it tonight. So? I plunked down part of Jacob's Christmas present money the cash and came home with the movie only to find out it wasn't even the one that had a special preview of "Deathly Hallows" that I had seen advertised on t.v. Ugh... fail!

We started watching the movie and began reminiscing about the previous films and how when we went to see the movie in theatres their cousin "jumped out of his seat" during one particular scene. Then Alex says that he used to think that the movie was real and that Hogwarts was a real school. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said, "when I was 11 I kept expecting to get a letter."

I looked at Jacob. He looked at me. I looked back at Alex to see if he was being serious (he was) then looked at Jacob again and we both started cracking up.

He must have been so disappointed when he turned 12 and never got his Hogwarts letter.

No comments: