Monday, May 09, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and yes... The Even Uglier

Weekend Round up, part 1 (Because this weekend must be broken down into installments).

The Good - Saturday was good. Juan and I went on a beautiful hike at Castle Rock Park. We had never been there before so it was new for both of us. The park is in the Santa Cruz Mountains off of Highway 9. I took some amazing pictures of rock formations, water falls, views from the ridge. The best photo, however, was of a hawk, full wing span as he flew over our heads. I was so happy when I saw the photo! I don't have it loaded on this computer, but I can post a link of it here from my Facebook page. Check it out, gorgeous right?
The next day, Mother's Day... Juan made a big breakfast, he brought me beautiful flowers and Jacob wrote me a Mother's Day poem. So sweet. I went on a really long bike ride and the boys took me out for frozen yogurt.
I should have ended the day right there. Just retired this Mother's Day, crawled under the covers and stayed there until Monday morning.... but I didn't, thus we have...

The Bad, The Ugly and the Even Uglier... 

Fast forward to Monday afternoon. I get a phone call from the San Jose PD. The officer introduced himself as the officer I had spoken to the day before and said that he had a follow up question about my statement. Do you know what my response was?
"Which one."

Rewind back to Sunday afternoon. Our Sharks were playing game 5 (round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs) that night versus Detroit. Alex had been begging pleading pushing to get tickets all day because two weeks before Jacob and I went to a playoff game versus L.A. and Alex didn't get to go.

Two hours before the game, we finally secured some tickets. Double the face value, but who cares? We were going to game 5! On Mother's Day! We were going to see a handshake (Sharks were up in the series 3 games to 1). We were going to see the Red Wings eliminated! It was going to be epic.

Nico the escape artist
Before that however, Alex still had to mow the lawn. Something he was supposed to have done the day before and thus far, had succeeded in putting off.  When he finished with the lawn he came in and got in the shower. While he was in the shower his friend from down the street,Vincent, called Jacob and told him that he saw his neighbors with Nico and that they took him into their house.

"WHAT?" Where is Nico? Sure enough, he was gone. He must have gotten out while Alex was mowing the lawn. When Alex finished his shower I told him what Vincent said and asked him to go get the dog.
About 10 minutes later Alex calls me and asks me to come down the street. "What happened?" I asked automatically thinking the worst. "Did he get hit by a car?"
"No," Alex said. "Just please come down here."

To Be Continued...

No comments: