Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waves of 3

They say bad things happen in 3's. I made a list today of all the bad things that have happened to me in just the last 3-4 weeks (mostly in the last 2 weeks) and I counted 12.
Four waves of 3? Is that possible? Is my karma that bad? What can I do to get out of the middle of this storm?

Here is my list:
1) Dentist told me I need my front tooth removed (the root is cracked and will keep getting infected until eventually the tooth will fall out) and replaced with an implant. Total cost ~ $5,000
2) Patsy passed away
3) Met with Alex's coach who told us he found weed in Alex's backpack during state cup
4) Coach also said that some money was missing from the chaperone in Alex's hotel room (thus the reason everyone's backpacks were searched)
5) Received notification that Alex is not on target to graduate and is to attend a mandatory meeting to discuss continuation school
6) Received a notification in the mail from the D.A. that we are to attend a Truancy hearing because Alex has over 30 unexcused absences.
7) Sharks lose game 4
8) Nico got kidnapped
9) Spend $340 on tickets for game 5 and only got to see 5 minutes because of stupid drunk jackasses who were in the wrong seats
10) Sharks lose game 5
11) Get a call from police telling me they cited Jacob for burglary. Apparently the laptop he got from a "yard sale" was from Cedar Grove Elementary School. We have to wait for notice from the Juvenile system for when to appear. OMFG.
12) Sharks lose game 6

Yeah. I just re-read the list and I can't believe it either. Any of it. If anyone needs me I'll be the one in the corner, curled up in the fetal position begging for any kind of medication that will take me away to a calmer, saner place.

No comments: