Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I Have Learned Wednesday

First day of school edition:

1. I have learned that athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten.

2. I have learned that Brent Burns (new defenseman for the San Jose Sharks) has a Harry Potter tattoo AND is a ninja.

3. I have learned that alcohol is not my core issue, nor is food. My core issue is denial and the unwillingness to face fears, fulfill untapped potential or deal head on with unpleasant situations.

4. I have learned that if nothing is going right, go left.

5. I have learned that I actually do positive things everyday and that I should focus on those things instead of the negative things.

6. I have learned that there is nothing deep down inside us except what we have put there ourselves.

7. I have learned there is so much more I could be doing to improve, enjoy and live my life fully.

8. I have learned that my kids are perfectly capable of tuning me out but are inexplicably, incapable of tuning each other out.



No comments: