Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I have learned Wednesday

1. I have learned that I have deep-seeded anger, resentment and shame for the American educational system every time I see someone write the word "loose" or "loosed" when what they really meant, based on the context of their statement, was "lose" or "lost." Deep-seeded people, as in I want to violently strike someone every time I see it. Damn you social media, for bringing this shortcoming to light.

2. I have learned, just this morning actually, that I will accept defeat gracefully tonight if the Giants lose in game 7 of the 2014 World Series. It will be refreshing to lose to a kind-hearted and dedicated (non arrogant) team and fan base for a change. Their fans' reason for why they think they will win? "It's been 29 years, it's our turn." How can you argue with that? Of course, if the Giants do pull this off, all bets are off. I WILL lose (not loose) my mind and it won't be pretty or graceful.

3. I have learned that the word chthonian means of or pertaining to the deities, spirits, and other beings dwelling under the earth. From classic mythology. I just had to add that to my spell check dictionary. That's right, no red line under my words!


4. I have learned that my youngest son's doctor (orthopedic surgeon) likes to knit.

5. I have learned that sometimes the unthinkable and unimaginable can happen and that I can be pretty calm under pressure when it does happen. Of course I become a blubbering mass of jello when the crisis has past... that is just my style. 

6. I have learned that "dog shaming" picture galleries are, aside from being hilarious, uplifting and good for the soul.

Happy Hump Day!


~Babaloo

No comments: