Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What I Have Learned Wednesday

1. I have recently learned that there are a lot of die hard 49er fans in L.A. and throughout Southern California. These same fans are also fans of the Dodgers, Lakers and LA Kings. I am having trouble processing this as I don't quite know how, or what, to feel about it.

2. I have learned more than I ever thought I would need to know about knee injuries, torn ligaments, ligament repair surgery, wheelchair rentals, physical therapy, post surgery care, icing machines, motion machines and whether or not one actually "needs" a meniscus.

3. I learned that there is a name for the "dot" you put on a lower case "j" and "i." It is called a "tittle." - True story.

4. I learned that Bay Area radio stations are "banned" from playing the Lorde song "Royals" during the 2014 World Series between the SF Giants and KC Royals. I don't know how that is possible to actually do or regulate... but I'm assuming it is all in good spirit and that the artist won't suffer any collateral damage.

5. I learned that Super Man wears "Hunter Pence" underwear.

6. I have learned that people who want to share their religious views with you, almost never want you to share yours with them.

7. I learned that last night's Game 1 of the World Series was the "lowest rated game 1 in MLB history." We can't all be "Royal" or "Giant." I really don't blame anyone for not being interested. If the Giants weren't in it, I wouldn't be watching either. I don't even know who won last year. Was it the Cardinals?

8. I have learned that you will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason for why we observe Daylight Savings Time.

9. I have learned that once someone believes that they are a jinx, you can never convince them that they are not. *sigh*

No comments: