Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Three reasons why 3-day weekends should be "permanent"

1) Saturday- Kids and I spent all day at local them park with my friend and her two kids. Stopped for takeout on the way home, watched a movie and crashed around 12.

2) Sunday- Spent all day in the house impersonating a vegetable. One of the cable channels (TBS? USA? AMC?), I can't remember which had a "Women with Issues" movie marathon so I burrowed under a blanket and watched. Yes, it was a beautiful day outside, but c'mon! Women with issues? All day long! I also watched at least 4 episodes of "Crossing Jordan." I'd never seen it before. I actually at one point started to get up to do something productive, but another show started and sucked me right in. Before I knew what happened it was 6:00 and the kids wanted to know what was for dinner (Pizza, of course.)

3) Monday- I got up early, made a grocery list and planned the menu for the week. I started laundry and cleaned the kitchen (top to bottom) before the kids woke up. I mopped all the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and did 5 continuous loads of laundry(throughout the day). We went grocery shopping, I cleaned the garage and the back yard. We took the dog on a nice long walk and then came home and made dinner.

4 comments:

Bonnie B said...

I want to watch a marathon of women with issues-- what a great lazy day

Now the cleaning part-- oh you are so ambitious. I have to do that tomorrow. i have company coming over.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Wow, Sunday you were just priming your jets for Monday! Impressive lists of accomplishments.

Jen said...

That sounds like a great weekend. I wish I'd have known about the "Women With Issues" marathon...I'd have SO been there!

Valerie said...

Yes I love staying in bed watching lifetime movies. That is the way to spend a day.