Friday, September 01, 2006

Most Quotable Friday


The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
- Russell Lynes

We must have the courage to allow a little disorder in our lives. - Ben Weininger

The U.S. Constitution doesn’t guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. - Doug Floyd

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.
- Unknown

Learn to pause ... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you. - Doug King

4 comments:

sweatpantsmom said...

I love the quote atributed to "Unknown"

Okay, fess up - did you write it?

Pendullum said...

I love the learn to pause...
I've paused and said..'ahhh'

Cristina said...

I like that Benjamin Franklin quote. He was a pretty smart guy.

Bonnie B said...

Here's to disorder-- my life is full of it. I think I'll pause for a moment and maybe it will all straighten itself out and catch up to me ina harmonious sort of way-- I think I'll just practice acceptance