Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Really?


I mean seriously. You cannot be for real. A $50 parking ticket... for parking in my OWN driveway? You've got to be kidding. 4 days before Christmas? Really? REALLY? Are you serious?

I don't even have a job. This is the most bare-boned Christmas in the history of Christmas. This is the coldest winter we've had in the history of cold winters. I don't know how we are even going to pay the PG&E bill that I'm estimating to be at least double of what it was last month. And you want to give me a ticket for parking my car in my driveway?



Seriously? Really? Are you really serious?

Let me tell you something Officer N. Pezzaniti of the City of San Jose Police Department. In your infinite wisdom as a San Jose Police Officer, what can you possibly be thinking? How can I be violating section 22500F CVC (blocking or parking on sidewalk) if I'm parked in my own drive way? I practically live in a cul-de-sac (more like in the corner of a 90 degree angle). No one even walks by my section of sidewalk/driveway. They cut across the street so the don't have to walk as far.

What could possibly have motivated you to issue this ticket? I mean, seriously. Were you pissed off because the cars on the street are all up to code, you got called out here to take care of them and you couldn't go back to the station empty handed? Was it the neighbors? Did they call and complain about the cars parked in the street? I mean honestly. In all that is good, why would you do this?


And just what exactly constitutes "blocking or parking on sidewalk?" As you can see in the photograph, there is clearly enough room to walk by. In fact I have parked this way for the last 7 years since we bought this house. There is a bush in front of the garage and if I park to close I don't have enought room to walk by and then I have to walk all the way around the back of the car to walk into my house. Which I pay property taxes on, btw. Property taxes that help pay your salary.
And you choose today (practically Christmas day), of all days, to give me (me! can you believe it?) a ticket?For $50? F-I-F-T-Y FRICKIN' DOLLARS! That I don't have! You explain to my kids why they aren't getting Christmas stockings this year, officer Pezzaniti (does that mean Scrooge in Italian?) because I'm done. DONE! But before I go I just have one question:

Really? Seriously? Are you really, seriously for real? *annoyed*

No comments: