Friday, July 14, 2006

Most Quotable Friday


Our only security is our ability to change.
- John Lilly

Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don’t know how to laugh either.
- Golda Meir

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius.
- Comte de Buffon

The odds of hitting a target go up dramatically when you aim at it.
- Mal Pancoast

Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.
-Margery Williams, "The Velveteen Rabbit"

5 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Wow I love every one! I want to put them inside my head for good.

Valerie said...

Girl I just had to tell you your comments on my site crack me up everytime. Thank you for the chuckles. Also I loved the quote from the velveteen rabbit!

Pendullum said...

Wow..
Those were great...
I loved the Golda Meir quote.

Crazy MomCat said...

I always loved The Velveteen Rabbit as a child. Thanks for sharing those...

Cristina said...

Gosh, I really need to read the Velveteen Rabbit again. I haven't read it since I was a child. I'm sure I'd get much more out of it now.