Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Blurbs

1. There is nothing worse than getting up at 5:30am on Sunday morning, driving 40 miles to your son's soccer game only to have it be forfeited. Gah. Apparently our team's coach was in L.A. for the weekend and the person (part time coach and trainer) whom he entrusted the coaching duties to, totally flaked and decided not to be bothered with the early morning, out of town game, and didn't show up. Which would have been fine, there were plenty of people (who also made the early morning trek to watch their sons game) who could have stepped up and ran the game. Oh, but wait. We also had no player passes and we cannot play without those.

2. Fortunately I was able to come home and watch football on TV. Whoohoo! Game of the week Baby. The Niners outlasted and out-dueled the undefeated Detroit Lions. Great, exciting game and everything I hoped for. And, as an added bonus, the Raiders won their game too. They are looking very good as well.


3. Hahahahahahahaha.... this!
4. We had a meeting yesterday at work to resolve some communication issues we (our department) are having with another employee. This person is (as my coworker labeled her aptly among other colorful words) cantankerous. Just a miserable human being. But I have to tell you that I have found a new level of respect for this person because she must be damn good at her job. She must have a skill set above and beyond anyone in this region. During this meeting she went absolutely ape sh*t and wouldn't shut up. She talked over me, interrupted me, yelled at a VP, argued with the CEO and was completely contemptuous, vile and out of control. Yet? She still has a job. What is the lesson here? Besides being a spoiled and over-indulged child, she is (she must be) the most valuable employee this company has ever seen. They must pay her her own weight in gold. They are probably apologizing to her right now so that she doesn't resign. I love my job.

5. I see they finally found Gadhafi. 42 years of terror that man imposed on his own people. He was a bizarre one wasn't he?.

6. I'm such a geek but I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to come out. I'm a little perturbed that they are doing the whole two part thing like Harry Potter... but I guess they kind of have to if they want to follow everything in the book.

7. I seem to be scrambling here for things to blurb about so I'll just end it right here. Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog yesterday! Following you and looking forward to catching up on old posts when I have time :)

Amy

Belinda said...

visiting from friends cafe blog hop. I am constantly surprised by how irresponsible some people can be (about your kids game).

http://www.theordinaryaunt.com