Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sleeping Breach

I think my sleep threshold has been breached. Forgive me if I go off on some weird tangent, my mind just isn't working through stuff correctly. I used to go with 4-6 hours of sleep and be fine. When the kids were babies, please, I was a warrior. Now? Eight hours required or I am a complete mess. The last two nights I have only slept for 6 hours (each night). I know, doesn't seem that bad, I mean don't be a wuss, 6 hours? Please, that is plenty of time. Some would even be envious to get 6 hours of sleep, right? New parents? Not feeling sorry for me.

So, the effects? My head is in a complete fog. I am forgetting things. Yesterday? I left the coffee pot on. Not good. I turned if off this morning. I think. I feel like I'm sort of floating through my day, and not in a good way. Like I'm floating but know at any moment gravity is going to flip me over and voices are going to startle me into remembering all the things I'm forgetting. Weird right? So, I'm going through all these mental checklists, for sanity reasons. I am afraid to do any work because I don't want to fix all the mistakes next week that I'm probably making now. And? I'm fantasizing about curling up under my desk and taking a nap. I could totally get away with it. Unless someone came around my desk looking for me or to leave me a note... Way to much potential for disaster, which I guess is why it will forever remain a fantasy.

I'm also trying to not stress about the work piling up at home. Ugh. Woke up the kids this morning and their laundry pile looks like, well? I don't know, I can't think of a clever analogy right now, wonder why? The floor needs to be swept and mopped, completely ignored that too. My laundry pile? Almost as bad as the kids. And I think, (I can't really remember-it is enough that I turned off the coffee pot ) that I already emptied the laundry baskets in the garage earlier in the week, which means minimum 6 loads staring at me right now. But I will choose to ignore that in the ongoing effort to not stress myself out. Stress + Tired = Bad Bad news. Thank God I am not PMS-ing right now. Someone would have to tie me down.

Where was I? NOT making sense I believe. I think I accomplished that. I need to go take a walk...

2 comments:

The Great Sparlini said...

Definitely go for a walk. The laundry will always be there. I tend to start freaking out some days about how much work needs to be done at home. Before kids, my house was well kept, tidy and clean. Now, I just struggle for organized chaos, but that doesn't even work. It just ends up being chaos. Why fight it? It is a law of physics, and as we know, "the laws of physics cannot be broken, Captain".

Babaloo said...

Exactly! It is something I have been working on, just letting go. It will get done when it gets done, right? Thanks for stopping by!