1. In keeping with the main blurbing theme over the past few weeks... only 2 1/2 days until the SJ Sharks first game! OMG, OMG... it is taking so long! I can't begin to curb my enthusiasm for this upcoming moment. Let's just hope they don't have a disappointing opening because I will not be fun to live with.
2. Great news! The scary-shaved-head-tattoo-gang-banger-parollee guy who kidnapped my dog has moved out of the neighborhood! The place is completely empty and is I'm guessing, awaiting the next delinquent tenant to come along. Wow, is that a relief, or what? I can now roam the neighborhood with my dog and not have to look over my shoulder for the scary guy that I put in jail and might want to kill me. For background into why this means so much to my sanity please read here and here for the whole sorted story.
3. Of course it would have been nicer if I knew, you know, weeks ago when he actually moved out. Because that is how long Jacob has known and forgot to tell me. It would have been really great for my peace of mind to have known something like that... but I guess the little alien being, that has taken over my son's body and turned him into a teenager, doesn't think about those things. Sigh.
4. So, important lesson learned last week: Don't try and double dip with your parking garage pass. That is, don't let someone out of the garage without paying and then try and exit yourself. Don't ask me how I know these things. All this wisdom comes with age. That's all I'm saying.
5. Alex has been sick. He started coming down with something Monday night and by Tuesday he couldn't get out of bed. He stayed home from school yesterday too. It might have to do with the fact that he lost his phone on Monday... but I don't think even that made him this sick. The worst thing about him being sick is that I, instead of being sympathetic, am worried that I'm going to catch whatever he has. I am no good to anyone when I am sick, so I will be like last year, and not get sick. And so it is written, and so it shall be.
6. Just for the record... Austria is NOT a mini country inside Australia. It might come up in conversation one of these days when you least expect it, so... you're welcome.
7. Yesterday was the passing of a Bay Area legend. Rest In Peace Mr. Steve Jobs. You may no longer walk this earth but your legacy will live on for generations to come.
post that I published yesterday for a couple of weeks now. Just when I've had it and want to call it quits with these kids... one of them posts on Facebook that "he has the coolest mom ever and that is why he loves me so much." Where all his friends can see. It's true. I couldn't believe it either.
9. Yesterday some maniac in Cupertino went in to work at a rock quarry with an AK-47 and opened fire. All morning they were reporting it on the news. He got away, carjacked a car and shot the woman who was driving it. As of last night... he hadn't been found. 8 injured and 2 confirmed dead. My question is shouldn't there be a better term for someone like this other than "disgruntled employee?"