Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I have learned Wednesday

 1.  I learned that if I want to drive, according to Google maps, from here to Taiwan, I should first drive up to Washington state, kayak 2,756 miles across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii, drive to Waikiki,  kayak 3,879 miles to Japan, drive across Japan and then swim 100 miles to Taiwan. This should take me approximately 37 days and 23 hours.

 2.   I learned that if you say “I’m fine” when you really aren’t, then you may suffer from this: Alexithymia – difficulty describing feelings to other people. 

  3. I learned that in South Korea they have a sex theme park located on Jeju Island (just off the Korean mainland). It is called “Loveland.”

 4. I learned that the word inculcate means “to teach and impress by frequent repetition or instruction.” Am I inculcating you with my vast vocabulary knowledge?

 5. I have learned that there are (were) 20 or so Vietnamese coffee shops in San Jose  (Little Saigon, Tully Road area) that have waitresses who take their tops off and do lap dances for tips. Damn! In coffee shops? Weird.

6. I have learned that a hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined. 

7. I have learned the cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

8. I have learned that each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades – King David
Clubs – Alexander the Great
Hearts – Charlemagne
Diamonds – Julius Caesar

No comments: