Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I Have Learned Wednesday

1.  I have learned that In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

2.  I have learned that the microwave oven was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

3.  I have learned that “stewardesses” is the longest English word that is typed with only the left hand.

4.  And? I have also learned that “skepticisms” is the longest word that alternates hands when typing.

5.  I have learned that only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older. I can’t even win the lottery… I don’t think I’m going to live to be 116 either.

6.  I have learned that the word irrefragable means “impossible to refute” (I am so whipping this one out at the dinner table tonight).

7.  I have learned that the first letters of the months July through to November spell JASON.

8.  I have learned that Forbes magazine has named San Jose as the “Geekiest” city in the US.

9.  I have learned that Sharks Ice of San Jose (and Fremont) has the biggest Adult Hockey Program in the US with over 4,500 players ( including my step-son, Sergio).

No comments: