Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WARNING!!!


I am currently writing this post by hand (hopefully to be typed into Blogger later today...) because I think I may have killed my computer. Not even my computer. My work computer. I am so dead. Why? Because dear internet I was browsing your blogs when an adware (spyware) program called "SpySheriff" wormed its way in.

DON'T MESS WITH THIS ADWARE IF YOU SEE IT!! PLEASE CLOSE IT THROUGH YOUR TASK MANAGER AND IMMEDIATELY SCAN YOUR COMPUTER FOR INFECTIONS OR POSSIBLE THREATS!!

This thing got into my registry and installed other programs that got to my e-mail and tried to turn it into a "spam box", changed my internet preferences, started running new processes and all kinds of other nasty things that my tech-challenged brain cannot fully fathom. Thank all that is good in the world for our company's IT guy. He said it is possible that someone's blog out there may have been hijacked and is sending out this adware/spyware (wtf is the difference?) via that blog's host. The question is whose? And? Do I dare venture out there again? I love all the blogs out there that I visit regularly. But, is going to visit worth risking the health of my (company's) computer, uh, and therefore (I would imagine) my job security?

Well, I'm going to go post this now. If you don't read this, it's because I didn't make it back in one piece...

No comments: