Thursday, May 06, 2010

Getting Ready For Game 4

If you are looking for a game day preview you came to the wrong place. If you are looking for the latest story lines, player quotes or analysis of tonight's matchup... sorry.

It will be just me explaining my stress level and feelings going into tonight's game. First of all? I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we are ahead in this series 3-0. Maybe when I can digest that I will realize how epic this is. I mean talk about an exorcism of playoff pasts. Sweeping the defending Western Conference Champs? The almighty-can't-go-wrong-been-in-the-playoffs-every-year-since-San-Jose-has-even-been-a-franchise-in-the-NHL-and-is-the-team-that-other-teams-fear-and-all-fans-love-to-hate-Red-Wings? It would be huge. I can't even imagine.

But here is what I can imagine. The next series won't start until next Friday. That is eight days away. Just what are we supposed to do until then? Also? Game 5 at home would be amazing. Just the tips alone (the day before Mother's Day, a-hem) would be great. But the nerves. Ah, the nerves. If we go to a game 5? If we let Detroit even a smidge back into this series? The thought is not only daunting... but oh so scary.

So... here we are just hours away and I can't sort out my nerves. I can't calm down and it is to early to drink.

Go Sharks!

No comments: