Sunday, May 16, 2010

Say It Isn't So

It is so.

Soccer trumps hockey today.

U15 spring soccer trumps playoff hockey.

Not-even-his-team (yet)-U15-and-probably-won't-even-play-today-spring-soccer-in-Santa-Rosa-two-hours-away trumps Sharks Western Conference Championship Series Game One Hockey.

What is this world coming to?

I guarantee one thing. Today's (hockey) game will either be the best damn game in history... or the worst.
I can tell you something else... The mojo factor is not there today for the Sharks. I'm hoping this won't matter, but let's look at the facts:
* They are playing on Sunday
* They are playing at noon
* They are playing on NBC (gag)
* They have been OFF for 8 days. 8 days! Can you say "sluggish?"
* Juan got mad at me this morning before he left for work... um, and, for the record, for something I didn't do. But he was mad, and that is all that matters.
* I won't (er, we won't) be here to watch.
* We are DVRing the game, but let's face it. They have never won when we record the game.
* Someone will say the score. Somehow, some way we will know the outcome before coming home to watch the game.

I am just going to assume game one is in the toilet. Call me a pessimist if you want but I'm just trying to cushion the blow (if it comes) to my fragile sense of sanity.

On the road again. Can't wait to get on the road again. Was there all day yesterday listening to music with the kids. Can't wait to get on the road again.

Go Sharks!

No comments: