Monday, September 12, 2011

A Happy Post


Baby Ellie rocking out in her baby Jordans!
Such style! Such pizazz!
My Aunt (that's me!) Is The Best

This lovely (beautiful, gorgeous, amazing) little creature is Eliana Adrienne Law. She was born on July 12th, 2011. Her proud mama is my cousin Julie Sue and her proud papa is Julie's husband, Kevin. Today (yesterday, actually) Eliana is sporting her new orange and white baby Jordans! And not just any baby Jordans... but the ones that Alex, Jacob and I picked out for her! She is also sporting what looks to be a matching onesie with a brilliant message on it that says, "My Aunt is The Best!" Such a smart child! Did I mention how amazing she is? I wish I could take credit for also giving her this great outfit with the poignant message, but that must have been her aunt Shannon (Kevin's sister) or maybe even one of Julie's SIL's Magalie or Perry that deserve the honors. It must be kismet, however, that the outfit matches the shoes. Am I right?

I wish all the best to little Ellie and all her future endeavors which, may or may not, involve a secret visit to California when her parents think she is sleeping or otherwise occupied (I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I have it on good authority that negotiations remain optimistic). I also want to wish the parents all the best in their parenting adventure (now two months in) and leave them with this little token of wisdom:

Save up (hoard if you must) all those cute little moments and put them away in a safe place. In 12-13 years there will be times (hopefully not a lot) when you will need to access them again to remind yourselves why you like this child and that she was once this easy and cute.

But, since this is supposed to be a "happy post" I will end on a positive note. You rock baby Ellie! So do your folks and so do your grandparents! I haven't met you yet, but you are my favorite!  *kisses*

No comments: