1. I have learned that the word darkle means to grow dark, gloomy.
|Beware of the tremendous force|
2. I have learned that the femur bone, also known as the "thigh" bone, is one of the strongest bones in the human body. For a fracture or break to occur in this particular bone it takes a “tremendous force.” The most common causes for a femur fracture are car accidents or a fall from a height.
3. I have learned that, apparently, when kicking into a 50-50 ball against Alex, the force can be “tremendous” enough to break your femur, requiring you to have surgery.
4. I have learned that I am so very grateful that I live where I live. And not in Merced, Chowchilla or Madera where there are too many bugs, bad smells and unfathomable temperatures.
5. I have learned that it is not scary at all to your call your child’s high school to verify the story he told about why he wasn’t in class. Not scary, a little embarrassing maybe, but all in the name of good parenting.
|Gladiolus from our house|
6. I have learned that I am just beginning to understand the true meaning of the word "vigilance."
7. I have learned that Logan Couture is a terrible pizza delivery guy.
8. I have learned that the pretty orange flowers that bloom around the house are gladiolus. Why did I not know this before?
9. I have learned that there are very few barber shops in our community and that not many of them are open on Labor Day.