Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I've Learned Wednesday

I learned that "silent" and "listen" are spelled with the same letters.

I learned that the most shoplifted book of all time is The Bible.

I learned that apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

I learned that San Jose is up to 30 homicides, SO FAR, in 2011. We are not the safest small city any more.

I learned that humility is hard and that pride stands in the way of happiness.

I learned that not being able to get up in the morning is an actual "thing" and it has a real name - Dysania. Never mind. It is NOT in the dictionary.

I learned not to trust everything I read. *sigh*

I have learned that I have very addictive tendencies. While this is not news, I have been aware of this for years... I have recently learned that when I focus on a certain addiction (i.e. drinking) it is easily replaced by another addiction (i.e. eating). I am never really free, am I?

No comments: