Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I've learned Wednesday

I have learned that I am the family buffer. I am the buffer between my husband and each of the kids. I am the buffer between my husband and the dog. I am the buffer between the kids. I am the buffer between myself and all the rest of them. And? When that buffer is weary and overworked... All hell breaks loose.

I learned that there is a word for "an overwhelming feeling of sadness for no particular reason." The word is hypophrenia. It feels good to have an actual word that means something that happens regularly in my life.

I learned that happiness comes from the soul and you have to choose it. You have to want it. If you don't want it, truly want it... then something different altogether chooses to grow inside of you. Something dark, something ominous. Something you might not be able to put your finger on, but you sense that it is there.

I learned that all the answers are within. You will never get the answers you seek by loking outward. No one knows you as you know yourself.

I learned that the word "collogue" means to confer secretly (Dictionary.com word of the day).

I learned that the one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

I learned that you will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

No comments: