Monday, April 25, 2011

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Or as I think of it, Friday, Saturday and Monday

The Good:

Alex's first prom! He went to his prom on Saturday with a friend of his, who is a senior, that invited him to be her date. He looked so nice in his gold tuxedo!

Also, Jacob and I (yes, while Alex was at the prom) went to game 5. I was definitely anticipating a series ending handshake on the ice. I have never witnessed one (live) before. I had my camera ready and everything for the epic event.

The Bad:

It never happened. They lost 3-1 and are now in L.A. for Game 6 tonight.

The Ugly:

Sharks had 52 shots on goal. Niemi gave up 3 goals on 4 shots... in the first ten minutes of the game. There would be no comeback. There would be no overtime win. There would be no handshake on the ice. I think the Sharks do better when I am "doom and gloom." When I really start to "believe," they play like they've already won and don't even have to try.

Other:

Not sure if it counts as a consolation or not, but Ducks lost their series in game 6 to the Predators. It is the first time Nashville has advanced out of the first round. And? Chicago has come back from a 3-0 game deficit against Vancouver, to force a game 7. Unbelievable!

Also, from the Eastern Conference Buffalo and Philadelphia are going to a game 7 as well. Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh are at game 6 with Penguins leading 3-2. Montreal and Boston also playing in game 6 with Boston leading that series 3-2. This first round has had a lot of OT games and several comebacks with deficits of 3 or more goals. Fun!

We have to win tonight. Go Sharks!

No comments: