Friday, March 10, 2006

An attempt at being "snarky."

I think a great compliment to get would be "you are so snarky," or "that was so snarky." Well, it has come to this. Blogging at work. It's kind of cliche don't ya think? When I have no work I read other blogs. It started with keeping informed by checking out the news sites. I started with my local newspaper website, then was hitting the Fox news site which is where I somehow stumbled on to newsblogs. From there I discovered personal blogs and some of them are a serious riot! I finally know what lol means. Literally! I actually did. Several times. Finally, today I just said "what the hell, I'll start a blog too." It's not like anyone will ever read it. I can just come here and vent about this and that. One thing to know about me is that I over-explain myself. A lot. It's like I think people won't get me unless I explain every step I took in reaching a decision. Take this entry for example. Who f'n cares why I started a blog? (note to self: I just did okay?) I don't have to explain every justifiable reason behind it. I really don't like that about myself. I do it in conversations as well. Just pisses me off. I say something and then suddenly I'm off on some tangent explaining why I came the conclusion that I came to and mid-sentence I look at the other person's facial expression and realize the really don't give a shit and then I just end the conversation lamely and feel stupid all the rest of the day. Okay, it doesn't always happen like that, but you get the idea. Over-explaining, that's me, check. Seeking approval of others? Maybe. Probably. I wish I would stop. I'm to old to be seeking approval. I certainly don't need it and wouldn't appreciate it even if it was freely offered. That's that. First entry done. Check.

No comments: